Monday, June 6, 2011

Remembering Jonas of LRG


Early last week one of the most influential people in my life when it come to street-wear pasted away. To all it was a sad and unexpected story , but to me i actually felt like i lost something, and for him to be a person i never met, alot of people really couldnt understand why.
In a way I related to Jonas. His back story on how he started LRG with a little bit of nothing and an idea at a young age and turned it into the foremost succesful streetwear brand created the blueprint to the success that i would want for my clothing line. The way he merged the markets of urbanwear & streetwear made his Line hard not to accept. And even his image in the public was a statement. He didn't conform to be someone else, he was still the same Jonas with 10 thousands as he was wit 10 million, maybe a little more flasher lol. But He didnt try to fit in anywhere he stayed true to what he believed in. The way he formed LRG from just a popular clothing line into its own culture was unmatched. If LRG name was behind it you better believe it was something Jonas believed in, be it season Collections, Print Ads, even Artist mixtapes it promoted. By sticking to this added to the longevity of his line instead of the short lived "do what makes money" mindsets of alot of clothing lines these days. Jonas was a pioneer, A mentor, a streetwear idol.
His untimely death hit me quite hard but it also motivated me to become better and exceed the accomplishments of my predecessors.
So with that said look out for the return of Baked Goods, and at evey chance I get I will thank and honor Jonas Bevacqua for the gigantic influence he had on my life as well as my partner's life
R.I.P JONAS. long Live LRG

No comments:

Post a Comment